- RSS Channel Showcase 5474494
- RSS Channel Showcase 1731981
- RSS Channel Showcase 7412002
- RSS Channel Showcase 4712318
Articles on this Page
- 07/17/16--14:15: _Messersmith named d...
- 07/17/16--14:17: _Rebel Quest incorpo...
- 07/17/16--14:20: _Oxford School Distr...
- 07/17/16--14:32: _Bowling for Bravery...
- 07/17/16--14:38: _UM student making w...
- 07/22/16--06:16: _Levy takes a lifeti...
- 07/23/16--13:20: _Anonymous donor giv...
- 07/23/16--13:22: _City Board meeting ...
- 07/23/16--13:25: _Catching a Killer: ...
- 07/23/16--13:27: _Oxford Film Festiva...
- 07/17/16--14:15: Messersmith named director of operations at Regents
- 07/17/16--14:17: Rebel Quest incorporates summer fun and academia
- 07/17/16--14:20: Oxford School District budget approved
- 07/17/16--14:32: Bowling for Bravery event to help Family Crisis Services
- 07/17/16--14:38: UM student making waves by teaching kids to swim
- 07/22/16--06:16: Levy takes a lifetime of memories with him from the OFD
- 07/23/16--13:20: Anonymous donor gives concert to YAC
- 07/23/16--13:22: City Board meeting hears appeal, honors lifeguard
- 07/23/16--13:25: Catching a Killer: UM CSI Camp teaches kids about forensics
- 07/23/16--13:27: Oxford Film Festival recieves MAC grant
Micha Messersmith is now serving as the director of operations at Regents School of Oxford. Regents, located down College Hill Road, is a Classical Christian School and serves around 200 area children from Pre-K up through high school seniors. The school is currently in search of new head of school, which is the position formerly […]
By Chaning Green, News Writer The Rebel Quest summer program has been serving the LOU community for over 10 years by giving local kids a place to play, learn and experience the university and town during the summer months. Rebel Quest is operated out of the University of Mississippi’s Division of Outreach. The program is available […]
By Chaning Green, News Writer On July 7, the Oxford School Board met and approved their budget for the upcoming 2016-2017 school year. This year’s budget has slightly more than last year’s due to an increase in tax revenue that the district was allotted. That money is coming from a variety of different sources including rental […]
By John Davis, Oxford Citizen A fun night of bowling will end up benefiting a needed cause. Through the Bowling for Bravery Bowl-A-Thon, residents of Oxford and Lafayette County can get in night of bowling while helping the Family Crisis Services of Northwest Mississippi. Emery Newsom helped organize the event through Leadership Lafayette program, which is […]
By Chaning Green, News Writer Down the winding roads of the Woodland Hills subdivision, just north of Oxford, sits the home of the Murphy family. For the past several years, Hayley Murphy has been passing the sweltering summer days using her family’s pool to teach swimming lessons to children in the community. The Ole Miss junior […]
By John Davis, Oxford Citizen John Levy may not be with the Oxford Fire Department in a physical capacity any longer, but his heart will always be with the men of the department. Levy recently retired from the OFD after 28 years of service. His final rank was Battalion Chief, and his final days working with […]
John Levy, Fire Line
By Chaning Green, News Writer The Yoknapatawpha Arts Council (YAC) has just received one its most unusual donations to date — a concert. An anonymous citizen of Oxford has donated the funds required to bring folk musician Sean Rowe to town to participate in a Small Hall concert. The Small Hall Series is a joint venture […]
By Chaning Green, News Writer Oxford’s board of aldermen meeting Tuesday evening was extremely well attended, kicked off with a collapsing pew. The collapsed pew made quite a bit of noise at the start of the nearly two hour meeting. It caused one lady to fall, but no one was harmed. The damaged pew was immediately […]
By Chaning Green, News Writer Crime scene tape is everywhere. Fake blood splatters a large tile behind a CPR dummy that lies half covered by a tarp on the floor of a lab in Coulter Hall at the University of Mississippi. To the left of the dummy near several shelves filled with many jugs of chemicals […]
By Chaning Green, News Writer The Oxford Film Festival has been awarded a grant from the Mississippi Arts Council totaling $21,000. Money from the grant will be going to overseeing many different aspects of the festival, as it will be put in their operations budget. This goes towards events, special screenings, compensation as well the actual […]